Volunteer Code of Conduct
COVID-19 Stratford Support Volunteer Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct, is applicable to all Stratford Support volunteers, and sets out the expectations required by Stratford Town Trust (STT) and Stratford Town Council (STC). Volunteers must have read and agree to the Code before they can carry out any duties of behalf of STT and STC.
All volunteers must:
- Act within the law at all times;
- Act honestly, courteously and in good faith and challenge and report inappropriate or discriminatory behaviour;
- Be reliable and take responsibility for their own actions and carry out their role with due care and diligence for themselves and others;
- Feel comfortable and competent in their role and ask for help and support when required;
- Accept the authority of STT and STC and adhere to their policies, procedures and management decisions and follow all reasonable requests by those managing their volunteer activities;
- Promote and protect the reputation of STT and STC when acting as a volunteer or when reporting Supporting Stratford activities via social media or other media channels.
Volunteers must not:
- Seek or accept any offers, gifts, rewards or benefits;
- Falsify expenses or attempt to defraud in any manner;
- Put the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves or others at unnecessary or unassessed risk;
- Carry out volunteer duties when in an unfit state due to the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Be in possession of firearms or an offensive weapon when volunteering;
- Participate in volunteering activities when signed off sick.
Health and Safety:
- Notify the volunteer coordinator of any symptoms of Coronavirus immediately and follow guidance of Public Health England regarding isolation; https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
- Immediately report any injuries, incidents, near misses and accidents which occur whilst volunteering for Support Stratford by reporting to the volunteer coordinator.